Go to www.artsonia.com
the student Online Art Gallery :: Artsonia Website
Go to location, type in 53051 for Menomonee Falls, click MFHS
We believe that an effective school Art Program:
- Reaches across all grade levels and prepares students for lifelong learning
- Enriches the community and the community enriches the program
- Includes art history, art making, art criticism and aesthetics
- Is fully equipped and is a hazardous free environment
- Has a curriculum that is a living document that is continually updated to continue to offer meaningful and relevant materials and skills.
We believe that students benefit from Art by:
- Participating in a structured, sequential program taught by a certified Art Educator
- Having opportunities to develop their creativity
- Encouraging self-expression, communication, imagination, problem solving and logical thinking.
- Seeing, responding to, and appreciating the world around them
- Leaning that the visual language of art is as important as the written and the spoken language
- Developing appreciation of past and present artists and their cultures
- Providing challenges for students to work hard and do their individual best
- Teaching students the skills to work together to accomplish common goals
- Learning to follow directions and use tools and materials safely
- Creating in an environment where individual learning styles are accommodated
- Learning skills, which enhance their employability
Art Department Mission Statement
Menomonee Falls School District art education provides students the opportunity to create, understand, and appreciate art. Students learn to express themselves, analyze works of art, and study the history of art. In addition, students develop creative thinking, problem solving and visual communication skills necessary to become valuable members of their community.
ART "create" T-SHIRT
If you would like to order a tshirt, please see the art teacher at your school.
It's more than pretty pictures.........
The real products of a quality art education are not merely the artwork painted, sculpted or designed, but rather the concepts and life skills learned and practiced under the direction of a certified art instructor.